Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Fox "News"

I am not a fan of the Fox News Channell. I watched them long enough to make an informed opinion and decided that they must make half the stuff up and sensationalize the rest. (Arguments that they are merely an antidote to the liberal media hold no water with me as I don't believe in the mythological liberal media. The person who signs the paychecks at most media outlets is typically a wealthy conservative. The person who signs the paychecks also controls what happens. Therefore, what happens at a most media outlets is controlled by conservatives.)

So, I was directed to a posting on Mediabistro.com. The ad can be found here:

http://www.mediabistro.com/joblistings/jobview.asp?joid=22553

If you don't have an account there, they are free, but I've pasted the important parts below:

WANTED:Fact Writer

FOX News Channel, a fast-paced 24-hour television news operation in New York City, is seeking a Fact Writer for its information center.

Responsibilities include writing on-air facts and press conference quotes for daytime programming.


Seems that FNC does not have reporters, who would actually have to base their writing on real facts, but instead employs people who just write their own facts and press conference quotes. Now I know they're making it up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home