Tuesday, December 20, 2005

A bit of holiday spirit

In an otherwise inconvenient day, a little cheer did fall.

While riding the PATH train - see post about transit strike below - I happened to glance out the window and catch sight of a colorfully lit Christmas tree tucked into an aclove along the tunnel underneath the Hudson River.

I don't know if it was put there officially, or by workers having fun, or maybe by a tunnel resident. Whoever placed that bit of cheer in the dank tunnels, I thank you. My day went a little better after that.

1 Comments:

Blogger Spider said...

Santa knows where every Xmas tree is to be able to place gifts underneath it, even if that tree is in a tunnel underneath the Hudson River.

Don't know if I buy that b.s. that I just wrote, but it makes me feel better to believe in it just for the holiday season.

12/21/2005 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home